Terms and conditions for RSPCA Valentine’s Day pet photo competition 2021
- The RSPCA Valentine’s Day pet photo competition 2021 (the “Competition”) is run by RSPCA Suffolk East & Ipswich Branch, RCN 206269, RSPCA Animal Centre, Mill Lane, Martlesham, IP12 4PD.
- By sending us a photo you agree to us sharing these by social media or email.
- Entrants 16 or younger must have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Competition.
The Suffolk East & Ipswich Branch is running the following classes:
Young love – the cutest babies
Best Friends Forever – the special love between animals and their human friends
Perfect couple – a pair of beautiful pets
Hey, good lookin’ – just gorgeous
Senior moments – older but still got that lovin’ feeling
Our competition classes will be judged on your pet’s health, happiness, behaviour and how the photo fits the category, rather than technical ability with the camera.
Entry and specifications:
- All entries should be submitted via the form on our website (www.ipswich-rspca.org.uk) and must include the information requested for us to be able to accept it as an official entry.
- Your donation must be received before your entry can be judged.
- Please do not send your entry by post as unfortunately it will not be considered.
- Entries must feature photographs that you have taken of your own (or family or friend’s) pets.
- Entrants should not do anything to upset or stress animals in attempting to photograph them. Photos will be rejected from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the photos show an animal in distress, or if they contain any unsuitable content.
- Photos entered into the Competition must be a faithful representation of what the photographer saw at the time of taking the photo. Digital adjustments are only acceptable if they are for minor cleaning work, levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Entrants will be disqualified from the Competition if the RSPCA or the judges believe that the images have been manipulated or are not the entrant’s original work.
- Please avoid the use of filters and effects.
- Images uploaded should be no larger than 10MB. Make sure the image you upload is a JPEG and the highest quality image you have, sized no smaller than 600×600 pixels.
- Entries cannot be returned so please retain a copy.
- The opening date for entries is Monday 11th January 2021 at 10am, United Kingdom time.
- The closing date for online entries is midnight on Sunday 14 February 2021. Any entries received after this time will not be included in the competition and the donation will not be refunded.
- All entrants have the right to withdraw their entry prior to the closing date, by sending an email request to: email@example.com
- The judges of the Competition are branch representatives and details are available on request.
- All finalists in the Competition will be notified by email by the end of February 2021.
- The decisions of the judges and the RSPCA are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted in respect of their entry. Although we are grateful to, and would like to encourage the efforts of, all participants, unfortunately we cannot give feedback on unsuccessful entries.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category.
- Each entrant (or entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the entrant is aged 16 or under) agrees that, only for the purposes of promoting and administering the Competition, the RSPCA may (1) use the entrant’s first name and/or surname, and (2) disclose the entrant’s name to third parties. The RSPCA shall seek the entrant’s prior consent (and/or the entrant’s parent or legal guardian’s prior consent if the entrant is aged 16 or under) before disclosing any further personal data to third parties. The RSPCA will not post the names and details of entrants aged under 16 years online without the entrant’s parental or guardian’s consent.
- Personal information provided by finalists will be used for the purposes of administering the Competition where necessary (for example the provision of prizes as necessary for this purpose) and contacting the entrant about the next year’s competition and in accordance with the RSPCA’s Privacy notice: rspca.org.uk/privacy The RSPCA may use the contact details of the entrant’s parent or guardian to confirm their consent to the entrant’s participation in the Competition and administering their child’s entry. The personal data of winners will be kept to enable the uses of their photos as described below.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other person. The RSPCA cannot be liable if another person’s rights are breached, and the parent or guardian of the entrant agrees to indemnify Suffolk East & Ipswich Branch of the RSPCA and/or RSPCA Trading Ltd* in respect of any claim from a third party that the entrant’s work infringes their rights.
- Entrants retain the copyright in their submitted photos or videos. However, by entering the Competition under these terms, the entrant gives the Suffolk East & Ipswich Branch of the RSPCA and RSPCA Trading Ltd a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, exhibit and post the submitted photos in any and all media, including media platforms yet to be envisaged for the purposes of promoting and publicising this Competition.
For potential use on products of the RSPCA or third parties licensed by the RSPCA, the entrant’s permission will be sought, including use on RSPCA licensed products, which will be agreed as the subject of a separate agreement.
- Wherever possible, the RSPCA will credit the entrant as the photographer.
- Entrants agree in para 24 that the RSPCA may use the credited entry on its website for the duration of five years, after which all names and attribution will be removed.
- The RSPCA cannot be responsible for any entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete, or for failure to receive or properly register any entries due to any technical failure or malfunction or other reason. The RSPCA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control. In either case we will give notice to entrants by posting the changes on the Competition website.
- Entrants/their parents/guardians will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
29 The law applicable to the Competition is English Law.